NFL Week 3 Picks

Friday, September 19, 2008


Amy in Ohio, my friend and fellow NFL-obsessed chica, has created a new way for me to waste time that I should be spending working or getting to know my family. Behold, my inaugural picks in the B(logger) F(ootball) L(eague). Click on the steenkin' badge to the right to connect to Instamom, where the magic happens each week. Winning teams are in BOLD. Because ya either go BOLD, or ya go home.


ARIZONA @ WASHINGTON (a: I hate the Redskins b: while I generally disagree with buying over-the-hill talent to compete, it seems to be working for AZ so far and c: I hate the Redskins)

CAROLINA @ MINNESOTA (The Vikes are a team that rivals the Browns in their inability to find a franchise QB. Sometimes a player is a low draft pick because he is not very good)

HOUSTON @ TENNESSEE (Not just because of the hurricane. Houston is just terrible.)

MIAMI @ NEW ENGLAND (blah blah Tom Brady, I know...but there's just too much talent in NE for them to lose this game)

OAKLAND @ BUFFALO (Does anyone really care about this game? Bueller?)

CINCINNATI @ NY GIANTS (Cinci gets to see Plaxico Burress again. Great)

KANSAS CITY @ ATLANTA (yawn. whatever. I used to enjoy watching Atlanta so I could bitch about how the media so badly over-hyped Michael Vick. Now...yawn)

TAMPA BAY @ CHICAGO (so that's where Brian Griese ended up)

ST LOUIS @ SEATTLE (Man, is Seattle looking terrible this year. I flipped a coin for this one)

DETROIT @ SAN FRANSISCO (I'd like to see Jon Kitna do well. What can I say, I'm a softie)

NEW ORLEANS @ DENVER (A pretty even match-up, but I'm giving it to the team who didn't have to stress about another hurricane last week)

PITTSBURGH @ PHILADELPHIA (Because I only pick Pittsburgh when I have money on the line and I have to. Otherwise, LOSE, SUCKA's)

CLEVELAND @ BALTIMORE (Because the Browns want to make us hope, before dashing our hearts on the rocks of their incompetence, yet again)

JACKSONVILLE @ INDIANAPOLIS (Every time I pick Jax, they blow it. When will this team finally live up to the hype? Oh right, when the find a better QB)

DALLAS @ GREEN BAY (I'm happy that Aaron Rodgers is playing well. I mean, he should be, after spending approximately 17 years holding a clipboard watching Brett Favre. But I can't see Dallas losing this one)

Monday Night Game

NY JETS @ SAN DIEGO (hmmm...a team that consistently loses in the final moments, against a QB legendary for last-minute hail mary victories?)

COMBINED FINAL SCORE____60_____

Posted by oballard at 11:30 AM  
5 comments
Headless Mom said...

Who picks AZ and KC? ;-)

Bring it on!

September 19, 2008 at 11:43 PM  
Keetha said...

I will admit right up front that I feel much more "challenged" predicting NFL games than I would NCAA.

But let's have some fun with it anyway!

September 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

We'll see if my "educated guesses" beat out yours!

September 20, 2008 at 2:34 PM  
Maura said...

I'm glad Ms. Amy brought you into the BFL fold. I'm looking forward to us all battling it out tomorrow and Monday.

You'll all lose to me, of course, but it will be fun! :-)

September 21, 2008 at 2:15 AM  
Amy in Ohio said...

The Farve obsession is interfering with the rational side of your brain.

September 21, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment