News!

Saturday, August 30, 2008



First of all, sorry for the long stretch of no-posting. Things have been crazy busy around here. But hurray for three-day weekends! Here's what's been going on at the Blue household.

Lil'Blue moves up to the big girl room at daycare on Tuesday. *sniff* I have to buy her a little backpack to commemorate the occasion. I'm sure she'll pick the pinkest one they have at Target. Maybe we can bedazzle her name on it too.

I have an interview for that part-time gig at the law school! I've decided that I *really* want this job, so I'm taking the interview seriously (that isn't always the case for me...sometimes I go to interviews because its just nice to be wanted. But this one, I'm bringing the noise for.)

I've been in kind of a running funk lately - my longest run to date is 9 miles and since then, I've just felt sort of unmotivated. Plus, my right knee has been bothering me a lot and its just no fun to run in pain. But I have a 5K tomorrow that I'm looking forward to, so I think that'll help me get back into the swing of things. I've tried to run this race for the last four years, and something ALWAYS happens to make me back out (2005: dislocated hip 2006: bronchitis 2007: California) so this year, dammit, I'm going to run it! It takes place at the zoo so after the race Mr Blue and Lil Blue and I will go see the new giraffe exhibit. Yay! I've also decided to *very tentatively* pencil in the Akron Marathon for next year. It gives me 12 whole months to train, which ought to be more than enough. Mainly I just need to get this knee pain under control.

We spent last weekend visiting my hometown. It was Lil Blue's first time up there and she got to spend lots of quality time with her grandparents and meet some of her other aunties. We had a very nice time once we got there, but the 5-hour car ride was HELL. We ended up having to stop halfway during both trips and just kill time. I'm almost considering doing the trip in two days next time because I can't deal with the SCREAMING.

thanks to Feener at Mommyvents for helping me win my very first blog giveaway loot ever! yay!!

And extra-special thanks to all of you who commented on my last post. I wish I could give you all hugs IRL!!

Posted by oballard at 10:32 AM  
3 comments
Feener said...

thanks for the linky love and i hate the screaming in a car rride, it drives me insane.

good luck with your 5k !! i have to run 10 miles today but my little one has strep and i am feeling all bad...

August 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Oh I despise long car rides. We get the screaming in triplicate. Yikes.

Good luck with the race. Sounds like fun. I am supposed to be training for a half marathon, but as it tuns out I am lazier than I thought. Maybe you will inspire me.

September 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

I'm always amazed at marathon runners. It's such an incredible accomplishment! Good luck on your training.

Oh, and good luck on the job interview! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

September 4, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment