We're Livin' on the Air...

Saturday, July 26, 2008


Sorry for the terrible WKRP reference, I couldn't resist.

Today I got to meet some of the wonderful women from Cincinnati Women Bloggers. We had a great discussion and lots of laughs. I learned a lot from some of the more experienced bloggers, especially those who are recently returned from Ohio PodCamp and BlogHer. I think we're really building a great community here in Cincinnati, and during the meeting I found myself getting incredibly excited by the possibilities. There is some overlap with this group and some local groups that are working to promote Cincinnati as a business and tourism destination - what if we could harness our combined voices and energy to really create a city that embraces technology in all its facets! That got me thinking about the other things going on in Cincinnati that only want for greater exposure. We have the Fringe Festival and MidPoint Music Festival that bring in artists from all over the world. It seems like every weekend I hear about someone or some group doing some kind of creative, exciting event. We have groups doing amazing good like Give Back Cincinnati. We have so many groups working to make Cincinnati greener, more progressive and more inclusive that when I tried to link to them all I gave myself a wrist cramp! We have so many voices with so much to offer. If we could just get everyone organized, we'd be moving forward so quickly that we'd be unstoppable.

Posted by oballard at 8:11 PM  
3 comments

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Cincinnati Women Bloggers meet up yesterday. I love that women bloggers in our area are starting to come out of hiding and get together. I am learning so much.

Hope you can make it next month!

Shannan

July 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM  
Laura said...

It was great meeting you on Saturday! I agree that the women bloggers have so much to offer eachother and our city. This little group has nearly doubled in one month, and I can't wait to see what we accomplish in the months ahead.

See you next month!

Laura

July 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM  
Julie said...

It was great meeting you, too! I find so much inspiration in these other women-- man, I should be on Oprah-- but I do.

July 29, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment