Summer Staff Picks - June

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sacred Games by Vikram Chandra is long, I won't lie to you. But believe me when I tell you that I rocked my way through this one with record time, because I couldn't put it down. Vikram Chandra has created a compelling mystery set against the background of modern day Bombay









Midival Punditz - Bhangra Fever Bhangra music is popular in the Indian region of Punjab. Also check out this single recorded with Jay-Z. Listen carefully for the Knight Rider theme!








Finally, a little something to drink. Christian Moerlein, one of the original breweries in the Cincinnati area, is best known outside of this area for getting 70's-era frat boys drunk on Hudepohl. But the brewery has reinvented itself and now produces some high-quality brews. I recommend the OTR Ale - the closest beer Moerlein produces to a true IPA.

Posted by oballard at 12:57 PM  
2 comments
Manager Mom said...

That Punditz/Jay-Z is fascinatingly cool. Finally, a song that makes me want to cash in my Pepsi Stuff points for the MP3 on Amazon!

Thanks for the tip.

June 10, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Stella Blue said...

you're welcome! And thanks for stopping by!

June 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment