A quick rundown....

Thursday, May 29, 2008

phew! It's been a busy few days! I can't even remember what was going on when I blogged last, so here's a quick recap of my weekend:

On Saturday my lovely neighbor P invited me to spend a day of pampering with her and her friends (all new moms). We rented a limo and generally spent 8 hours living like high rollers. I've always been kind of a dirty hippie but I have to admit, I enjoyed it. We went shopping, got (fabulous!) haircuts and drank lots of drinks. From cups with flowers on them. Did I mention I got a Fabulous! Haircut! Indeed I did.

Sunday was a playdate/get together with moms from our childbirth class. Most of us keep in touch by email but since a lot of the playdates are weekday shindigs, and several of the moms work full time, we decided to get together on a weekend. It was a really nice time, and one I needed to lift some gloomy spirits I've been having off and on. Here's the deal. Right after the birth of our babes last summer, our class was really tight. I guess that was the "camelot" phase, followed by the inevitable drifting apart. Lately there has been tension between some of the moms, and there have been some comments back and forth to which I've unfortunately and unwillingly been a party. I think it stems from the whole SAHM/WOHM tension (Hate!!) But on Sunday everybody got along great so I was happy.

Monday Mr Blue and I ran a 5K with Lil Blue in the jogging stroller. It was perfect weather and a really nice course. The jogging stroller screwed with my time, though, so I guess I need to train more with her instead of waiting until mornings when she's at daycare. It does *not* help, BTW, when you're already running hard, to have a tiny toddler face look at you like "Run faster, Mom! This is fun!!"

The house is really quiet right now. LB is on her way to daycare (thanks daddy!) Usually on Thursdays I have work to do, but I wrapped up a couple projects earlier this week so there's nothing. I have a feeling I might get something by email but so far I've got nothing on the plate. Which is good, because the weather's going to be nice so I could use this time to do some desperately needed yardwork!

A real post is coming, I swear. Just a teaser: we'll be discussing my plans to become a lactation consultant!

Posted by oballard at 8:23 AM  
1 comments
Amy in Ohio said...

Interesting - you'd be great at that!

May 29, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment