Miscellany

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mr Blue was offered a chance to take over a children's martial arts school. He is a very accomplished martial artist who hasn't had an outlet for his skills in a very long time, so its an opportunity to get back, albeit as an instructor/administrator and not a student. It would mean one weeknight and one weekend day in Oxford, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in my book. I would love a chance to tag along on Sundays - Oxford is home to our alma mater and full of good memories (and good restaurants!) Mr Blue and I actually met in a martial arts club while at Miami, so I'm hoping that when she gets older, LB could also participate in the club. I want martial arts to always be a part of our family. Another not-inconsequential benefit would be the extra $5000 we would be getting from the club! So we'll see how that goes. We're going up on Sunday to check it out.

I've had a couple triumphs on eBay of late - I scored a Lucky Jeans skirt and a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans, both for under $30. Also, a totally cute little Cleveland Indians tracksuit for LB. Yay internets!

Preparations are beginning for our next trek to the west coast. We've already traveled with LB (once to San Diego, once to Phoenix) so I think we're at least prepared for the ride. Although I need to get out and buy the stash of surprise, very special toys (despite which LB will fuss until we let her play with Do Not Touch items like cell phones, iPods and tiny bottles of vodka. No wait, that's me playing with the vodka, my bad) This time around we're heading to Los Angeles, where I haven't been for almost 20 years. Maybe its changed some. While we're there we'll be attending a family friend's Very. Fancy. Party. At the Bel Air Country Club, I shit you not. Even LB will be in attendance. I thought about splurging on a new dress, then remembered the gorgeous tea-length black dress I wore for my friend A's wedding. Yay! And thanks, A, for picking such awesome bridesmaids' dresses!

Today has been spent on some necessary but sucky spring cleaning activities, including cleaning the jute rug currently splayed over our dining room floor. This particular rug has seen better days, as our dog decided to act out his sibling rivalry all over it on several occasions. I previously tried Bac-Out, which works great as a laundry freshener, not so much as a serious carpet cleaner. So this time around I'm trying a combo of Oxy-Clean spray and powdered Oxy clean with a scrub brush. Oxy-Clean spray is nothing short of miraculous for laundry, so hopefully its powers extend to rugs.

Posted by oballard at 12:11 PM  
1 comments
sweetpea85 said...

eeee!!! so excited about Cali!! I need to buy a new dress though :( I'm excited I'll be flying out with you guys..I can help entertain LB!

May 23, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment