In which I journey to my personal hell

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just got back from the grocery store. Lets review. First of all, you should know that I *hate* grocery shopping. I will fake illness, injury, even my own death, to get out of going. I'll shop at, and even enjoy, farmer's markets and health food stores *to a point* but the monthly Kroger shopping binge? HATE. Why did I have to go today, you may ask? As anyone who's ever tried to shop with an almost-11 month old knows, its a huge pain in the ass. But last night Mr. Blue went on a rant about how "nothing is getting done around the house" due to your's truly's laziness, lethargy and generally shiftless attitude toward domesticity. So in a fit of pique, I decided I would do the grocery shopping today, all by myself, and spend up our monthly budget so that if he wants stuff like cookies or whatever, tough. So off went LB and I to the grocery store, PO'd and hungry. Which anyone knows is a bad idea. Kroger however, bless their self-promoting, capitalist heart, was giving away samples of cheese by the door. The fakey orange big-people cheese satisfied and amused LB for most of the trip. She actually did pretty darn well, if I do say so myself. No major meltdowns at all. It got a little dicey going through the baby food aisle (she was grabbing for bottles and shouting "NUM!" When she couldn't hook a bottle, she grabbed at my shirt and wanted to nurse) Another positive? My cheap ass self saved $26 using coupons! Woo hoo! That more than paid for the chocolate graham crackers I got myself. Have you tried these things? delish. I'm halfway to a S'more without even trying.

Posted by oballard at 3:13 PM  
3 comments
sweetpea85 said...

hehe, at least you have a nice new Kroger with a salad bar! Down here all I have is Kro-ghetto. Ps, if you want an easy list of hex codes and code once you start messing with html, check out:

http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/html_cheatsheet/

Love you!!

May 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM  
sweetpea85 said...

pps: the end of that link is just "...cheatsheet/"

haha sorry! stupid lack of word wrap...

May 15, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Amy in Ohio said...

Gotcha - we need to catch up!

May 15, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment