Bits N Pieces

Monday, April 14, 2008

First, medical stuff...

I am over my (fourth) case of mastitis. I think I am getting quicker at catching them so I don't have as much of the flu symptoms. Sucks. Moving on..

Lil Blue does not have sleep apnea! At least, the doctor says that she doesn't have any restrictions in her airway. She does, however, have fluid backing into her ears which resulted in an infection. She HATES the medicine. I've had more success giving meds to a cat.

In other news....

I am almost finished reading Into the Wild. I had put off reading this book because I thought it might make me crazy in the way that reading Kerouac does. And in fact it did. I'm currently dealing with my insanity and wanderlust by bouncing around the thought of a camping trip to Smoky Mt NP. More to come on this topic in a later post.

I only have one more week at the bookstore before I go "oncall". Meaning I'll be available to cover shifts or busy days but not working a set schedule. This is bad news for our finances, but good news for my general mental health.

I am attempting to become fiscally responsible by clipping coupons and shopping sales. Unfortunately, most of the stuff that goes on sale around here tends to be stuff we don't use or need, like conventional cleaning products, soda and junk food, or personal care items. But I'm trying! Our CSA share starts next month and I CAN'T WAIT!!

Posted by oballard at 2:34 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment