Parrothead Blues

Monday, March 31, 2008

So for the first time in my adult life, I don't have Jimmy Buffett tickets. Not because I couldn't beg, borrow or steal them...because I didn't buy them. Why? Because I just don't have the energy to coordinate the evening with the military precision it would take to get me, Mr Blue and Lil Blue there at the same time.

All the fun things I thought I'd do with my kid just seem like way too much work. I still muster some enthusiasm for art projects and playdates, but it just feels like I'm creatively tapped out right now. Luckily I live in a city that seems to have an abundance of cool, non-commercial activities for young-uns facilitated by younger, better rested, and more creative people than myself.

Oh, but I'll probably still tailgate the Buffett concert. I'm not that lame, yet.

Posted by oballard at 10:34 AM  
0 comments

Post a Comment